95 650slt elec. problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 650slt elec. problem??

Ready,heres the problem. My craft will not run at full throttle for more than 6min. before it starts to bog down.i have timed it about 5 times in a row. It runs fine and then it just starts to hunt. I have already rebuilt the carbs, replaced the fuel pump with a triple outlet pump,replaced head gaskets, checked the crank for correct degrees(it is), replaced the ignition coils and wires,replaced reed valves,comp. is 120,120,120, new fuel, oil pump is good and distributing oil properly,cranks seals replaced,I'm getting a used stator from a buddy of mine for $100. I'm pretty much at a loss at this point,could somebody please help me out here before i give up. I'm out of stuff to check and/or replace! Is there another electrical component I am missing? it starts fine and runs good at mid rpm but not at hi rpm. (stator maybe????) The carbs were set at the polaris shop too.

Polaris stators and CDIs are (still) nortorious for going out. You are describing heat-soak. It's very possible your stator is the problem.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What exactly is heat soak?, and is replacing the stator the fix? Also i had the understanding that if your cdi went out your craft would not even start t/f?. Do they usually go in pairs? How do i tell if one is bad vesus the other?

Comment

There is no good way to test without simply swapping the parts. Heat soak is where the added heat from the engine causes the electrical parts to fail - only under heat.

Comment

one last question and I'm off to repair land. Will a stator off of a polaris snowmobile (xlt) work on this engine (same size) or within 50cc?

Comment

No.

Comment

I'm in the market for a cdi for this craft where do i start to look for one?

Comment

have you tried ebay ive bought some parts from there for my sl 750 or you can check out this site www.partsland.com hopefully you can find what you need

Comment

I've sent my stator to Jetski Solutions and the owner John was very helpful and very knowlegable about my problem and I would highly recommend him to anyone with a stator problem or a rebuild.Kuddos to John..

Comment

Working...
                  X