1992 SL 650 pump and carbs ??s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 SL 650 pump and carbs ??s

I have a Polaris SL650 and have been having trouble starting it... I checked compression and all three cylinders are right up near 120, it is getting spark, but there is a problem getting fuel into the cylinders through the carbs... I can spray gasoline directly into the intake and it starts up and runs fine on the little bit of gas I spray in.. I have a bulb pump primer and fuel is going into the lines to the carb, but not through and into the cylinders, I do not know much about carbs, but would anyone suspect that it is the float valve? should I take out and clean the carbs??? also I pulled out one of the jets in the carb and it had small specs of salty substance.. possibly corrosion, what is the next step I should take, is it worth the effort to rebuild the carbs, or are there things I can do before I go there??

You need to installa 780 fuel pump and rebuild all your carbs, if they are in that condition.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Yeah Ive already got the triple outlet pump on order because I knew of that problem with this particular model ski, I will be rebuilding the carbs soon as well. cleaning out the carbs alone probably wont be enough to fix the problem ey?

Comment

Working...
      X