95 Seadoo speedster carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Seadoo speedster carb

I rebuilt the port carborator. Backed both low speed jets out 1 1/4 turns. Started up and ran fine for about 15 min. Cut off and would not start again. Reset all nobs, and jets according to the shop manual. Motor will not start. I know the motor is fine I put the carb from the other motor on port engine, and ran with no problems. Does anybody know were I can get a rebuilt carb for a good price price.

Re: 95 Seadoo speedster carb

Why not send it to someone who can fix the carb you have? Actually, you could probably dyi.

You didn't say if the carb was flooding the motor or if the clyinder was dry from lack of fuel, or maybe we could help you.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by peluso20
      I rebuilt the port carborator. Backed both low speed jets out 1 1/4 turns. Started up and ran fine for about 15 min. Cut off and would not start again. Reset all nobs, and jets according to the shop manual. Motor will not start. I know the motor is fine I put the carb from the other motor on port engine, and ran with no problems. Does anybody know were I can get a rebuilt carb for a good price price.

When it does start it will run ok. But when I push the gas it slowley dies out. I have the flame arrester on but still will not run. please help.

Comment

Again, if you would tell me wether or not it was flooded with fuel, or dry and without fuel, I might be able to help you.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM

Comment

Originally posted by peluso20
          When it does start it will run ok. But when I push the gas it slowley dies out. I have the flame arrester on but still will not run. please help.

I think it gets flooded, but am not sure if so what to do?

Comment

Rebuild the carbureators using new needles and seats.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM

Comment

I'm having the same head ache! I've already had some bone head put a "rebuild kit" on both engines and it STILL FLOODS. I've had to be towed twice from my plugs fouling out! What should I do? Don't want to spend $1500 for new carbs + cost to have 'em put in, that more than I payed for the boat! And is there anywhere on line that has INEXPENSIVE SEADOO BOAT PARTS?!

I'm at mail4dik@yahoo.com......

Comment

well, did that bone head check the pop-off?? Are your adjuster screws set to stock? How long does the boat run prior to flooding... Is it mainly during idle, or wide open?
                Dan Solie -
                04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                94 xp (freestyle mods)
                95 xp (faster than the 94)
                JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

check the pop-off?? I don't know what that is....I do know he adjusted the screws, he said they were down as low as they would go. It generally has a hard time starting, I have to be VERRY carefull how much fuel I give them to start. The port side needs quite a bit just to start, then runs about half power till it burns off the excess fuel. It's fine after that...
                  The right engine is good to go but BOTH have fawled three sets of plugs...happens evertime I take it out. Like clock work I know I gotta replace the plugs b4 the next time... by the way, thanks 4 the input...

Comment

Sounds like the other guy didn't know what he was doing. You need to completely rebuild the carbs and check the pop-off pressure (the pressure at which the internal needle, POPS from the seat, to allow a metered amount of fuel into the jet block assembly).

The hard starting in this case, to me, indicates that you have a leaking needle or seat, or an extremely low pop-off, causing the motor to flood with fuel. Eventually they will start, but as you said, are really boggy until all the excess fuel is burned off.

Take it to another shop.. Or, pull the carbs yourself and send them to Watercraft Magic in Glendora, CA. www.watercraftmagic.com tell him about this thread (he is a member here as well)...
                    Dan Solie -
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Good to go, thanks for the advice and info! You'ld think living in Hawaii that there would be TONS of SeaDoo mechs around....NOPE. There is only one "official guy" who FLIES OUT HERE FROM KUAII about once a month!
                      Where can I get a "rebuild kit" for the carbs?

Thanks again
                      DC

Comment

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/
                        Dan Solie -
                        94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                        X