2004 Seadoo GTX 4-tek sc sucked in rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Seadoo GTX 4-tek sc sucked in rocks

Today My doo sucked in some small rocks due to shallow water. It made the machine start to shimmy a little then I lost thrust. It can now only get about 5 mph. Is there a fix I can do myself, or what should I expect from the dealer service dept?

Re: 2004 Seadoo GTX t-tek sc sucked in rocks

Comment

Re: 2004 Seadoo GTX 4-tek sc sucked in rocks

If you want to do it yourself, it's fairly easy. You need to read the pump inspection and wear ring removal guides in the tech article section.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I took out the pump. I found a 3 inch twig like piece of wood stuck in the prop. Along with some other small twig like debris. Did not seem to be so much that it would stop thrust, but perhaps it did. Could this stop thrust???

Prop was not bent or dented at all! The wear ring is smooth except for a very, very fine brown line that the wood pieces made. What I originally thought were rocks, looks like were bark and branch pieces. No sign of stones or rocks.

Going to bring it out on Thursday for a test.

Readers: Do you think that was all it was to not let me go more than 5 mph??

Thanks

Comment

Yes, that's more than enough. When we say 'any' debris, we mean it! lol

Peopl assume the pump is like a big blender blade and everything gets chewed up and shot out he back. They don't realize how important it is for everything to be perfect.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Yes, anything in the impellor will cause major cavatation.
            Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

my freinds kaw 750 cavitates under full throttle until fully planed and i see no visible damage-- only way to get it planed is to slowly acellerate easy on the throttle - its one of them early step thru models

Comment

Redparis.....Just a quick question for ya...Was it pretty easy to take the pump assembly apart to get the wood out? I am mechanically inclined, I just haven't done anything to my ski (hasn't needed it yet) and I'm afraid of doing something to screw up my warranty. Is this something that can be done up at the lake with a few tools and if so, how long did it take you? Thanks!

Comment

I had similar problem except that my engine was idling at the time. It did not stop the motor but when I looked undrneath I found: plenty of grass (2" thick), big garbage bag, piece of jeans with the zipper and belt wrapped arround the shaft, lots of mudd...very foul smell, altogether 4-5 lbs of junk. In the river in Europe. I will never take it back there. I removed everything with the utility knife and screwdriver, washed with hose and looks fine. I haven't taken it again for a ride since:emoticons . What do we look for in these situations?

Comment

Frogger, Pump removal is very easy and only requires a few tools and some thread locker. Look in the technical articles for details.

Comment

Working...
                    X