Head Gasket Or Water Ingestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Gasket Or Water Ingestion?

I have a 98 seadoo xpl and i always thought it was somehow injesting water here and there as i would find what looked like water on one of the plugs. i pulled off the carburators to rebuild them last night and noticed they look rather clean. i thought if there was salt water passing through them there would be some type of salt deposits but i dont see any. I am now wondering if i have a head gasket problem.. is there a way to tell? by the way the exhaust is not leaking. the exhaust manifold has been updated and there is a new copper gasket/sealent and the diaper update has been done. compression on both pistons is 142 rear and 144 front. the front piston is the one i find water on the plug. P.S.- It may also be possible its not water. but i think it is, it is a odorless usually dark fluid that sits on the plug so much that it bridges the gap and causes the plug to foul. unless its something obvious and my rebuilding the carbs will fix it anyways. anyone have any ideas? I wanna get this ski back running ASAP my summer is ending fast
    98 Seadoo XP L, 04 Seadoo RXP, 96 Seadoo HX HTTP://community.webshots.com/album/109056464fXgNkM

Re: Head Gasket Or Water Ingestion?

Connect a 1/2 " hose with a tee in it for an air pump to the two fittings ( water in and water out ) of the motor. Pinch off the exhaust manifold drain line, put a piece of rubber under the exhaust manifold to seal off the exhaust and pump at least 20 psi of air into the waterjackets and see if the motor will hold it for 10 minutes.

Or, you could reseal the new exhaust head pipe gasket, where the leak is probably coming from.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X