99 xp ltd - bypas throttle Position Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 xp ltd - bypas throttle Position Sensor

I need a new throttle cable for my xp. Seadoo wants $135 for their throttle cable. My guess the prices is so high because of the TPS. I was thinking about putting on a replacement cable that does not have the TPS.

What does TPS do and how does it interact with the engine? Anyone play with this? Thoughts or advice?

Re: 99 xp ltd - bypas throttle Position Sensor

Well,
    It will still run without the TPS connected, but do not expect good accelleration or maximum rpm as the TPS tells the computer ignition which timing map to use depending upon throttle position.

Disconnecting it is a bad move to save a few dollars.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks, thats what I needed to know.

Comment

Huhnhnhh what is this thing a high tech computer where is it located, are you talking about the little sensor glued to the square plastic body that the throttle/oil cables go in. Youve got to be kidding me all that is,is a sensor @ best and all I can see it doing is limiting WOT. I hope this is the same thing were talking about? Since im having a throttle issue with it running @ 1500rpm and then climbing to 2000 on its own...

Comment

It's called the MPEM, and it's the brain of your ski.

You are right, the TPS is just a sensor, but it's readings are critical for how the MPEM maps it's timing. eliminate the TPS, and your ski will run like a dog.

Your issue sounds more of a carb issue.
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X