787 carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 787 carb?

Hey i was told my 97 xp carbs has a excellerator pump on the rear carb? I was wondering if i could use the carbs off a 96 xp with no excellerator pump, or would i have to change anything. thanks

Re: 787 carb?

You can as long as they are jetted for a 1996 ski.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

97 xp had 65 pilots and 142.5 mag 147.5 pto mains
      96 xp with 70 piolts and 142.5 for the mains
      With 96 carbs on my 97 xp i have R&D intake grate, west coast flame arrestor, and R&D head for pump gas, i thought i had the 97 xp jets and was told to bumb up to 70 pilots 147.5 mag and 150 pto mains, but is that gonna be enough since i got 96 xp carbs? thanks im really confused

Comment

Yes, those 70 low speed jets should work in your 1996 carbs with an airfilter kit on them, but you will probably need to open the low speed adjusters a bit to get them to accellerate, or use 75's.. Use the 147.5 main jet and the 150 main jet.
        Last edited by Bill O'Neal2; 09-13-2004, 01:23 PM.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Hey finally got to take the ski out today. Shes a bit sluggish on bottom end then she screams all the way up to wot. i have the 96 xp carbs on my 97 xp jeted at 75's 147.5 and 150 jets with lows turned out 1 1/2 and highs at 0. what should i adjust the jets to get the out of the hole sluggish gone.

Comment

Try turning them in a little to get rid of a bog, or out a little if it hesitates when you hit the throttle.
            Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Working...
            X