Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: carb settings

Yse you are too lean.
    Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

i rode for about 2 hours like that, hope i didn't do any damage to my engine

Comment

Probably not.
        Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

I have the same but probably worse problem. Mine bogs severely from idle. I really have to do some tampering to get it going past that. Sometimes choke helps, which suggests that this is a lean issue... could my diaphragms just be crappy? (They're new, but aftermarket). It's as if once the manifold pressure increases with the opening of the throttle, it loses the ability to suck fuel out of the carbs. I've gone though them and varied the pop-off pressure (it's on the lower book value now and both carbs even), I've verified that I have the right sized jets, that none of the ports are clogged, that all check valves operate properly, that it's not MPEM (tried in another ski), that the internal and external filters are free, and that the lines are brand new, running fresh gas. Everything is by the book, yet I have a horrible stumble... I have good compression and the throttle shaft bushings have no play. HELP PLEASE!

Comment

What are your adjusters set to? Also, what type of ski?
            Dan Solie -
            04 RXP (the "Instigator")
            94 xp (freestyle mods)
            95 xp (faster than the 94)
            JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

adjusters were set to stock settings for 1997 spx: MAG- 1 turn low, 0 turn high PTO- 1 turn low, 1/4 turn high. ****! both of my skis crapped out on me recently... the SPX had a stupid needle bearing rod that I must have accidentally dropped into the crank case when I was pulling pistons. I think it's caught in my RV valve, that's probably hosed now. The 1996 XP quit firing the plugs, I think the pickup coil is gone in it. It makes this weird clash noise sometimes when cranking. Just stops the starter cold... I think there is some misalignment of some sort in the MAG case... Can't work on it either since I'm in AZ now, and not sure if I want to drive one of them up here from NC (it's a 2k mile drive and I'm staying at one of those extended stay hotels)

Comment

adjusters were set to stock settings for 1997 spx: MAG- 1 turn low, 0 turn high PTO- 1 turn low, 1/4 turn high. ****! both of my skis crapped out on me recently... the SPX had a stupid needle bearing rod that I must have accidentally dropped into the crank case when I was pulling pistons. I think it's caught in my RV valve, that's probably hosed now. The 1996 XP quit firing the plugs, I think the pickup coil is gone in it. It makes this weird clash noise sometimes when cranking. Just stops the starter cold... I think there is some misalignment of some sort in the MAG case... Can't work on it either since I'm in AZ now, and not sure if I want to drive one of them up here from NC (it's a 2k mile drive and I'm staying at one of those extended stay hotels) I WILL get back to this issue once I get back to NC for good, but that'll prolly be like in septmeber. If you want to try something... goop the mag carb's fuel pump assembly up in RTV. I think it may be sucking air right at the seals where the check valves are. When I was doing pop-off testing, I noticed some bubbles coming from around there. They were miniscule, and I didn't think much of it. They diminshed slightly when I super tightened the screws, but not completely. I was going to try that recently, but they wouldn't run for me.

Comment

no goopy RTV...That is a bad band-aid idea. Fix the problem, don't RTV it.
                  Dan Solie -
                  04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)
                  95 xp (faster than the 94)
                  JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
                  X