re install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re install

I took a few pictures while i was uninstalling my gsx rfi engine so that I would remember the order and place of all the cooling lines, oil lines, and so on. Where can I find a chart or directions for which they all go. I have te manual, however, they are not to clear.
    Andrew J Robinson
    Aquacraft Unlimited LLC
    Pensacola FLORIDA
    aquacraftunlimited@yahoo.com

Re: re install

The closest thing will be the microfiche at www.hlsm.com
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

May be too late for you, but when I swaped out my motor I used masking tape to lable EVERY wire, hose, etc, no matter how "obvious" it was. I also used a separate "freezer zip lock baggie" to hold all the screws, clips, washers, etc from each step in the process. When I disconnected the wire harness from the black box I took great pains to diagram where each wire went inside the box. It seemed anal and slowed me down at the time, but I'm glad I did this because a few months went by between engine removal and installation. I would NEVER have remembered where all the parts went if I hadn't taken time to lable and write stuff down!!

Comment

I find it helps to put each part (or bag/box of parts) in a line starting with the first item I remove, followed by the second item, followed by the ... When I start reassembling. I start at the far end of my line and work back. There are two advantages in this. First I'm following a sequence that should work (No wine or parts before their time); second it helps me make sure I don't forget anything. Only problem is that in some cases (usually automotive) the line gets pretty long.

Good luck.

jim
        '98 Yamaha GP1200<br />'98 Kawasaki 1100 STX

Comment

Working...
        X