OOO Bill O'neal HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOO Bill O'neal HELP

95 hx 720 with a novi head, rad flywheel, stock air box,stock prop, where does the jetting need to be at for it needles and jets. All i do is surf ride so i need the hook up. thanks

Re: OOO Bill O'neal HELP

A Novi head and a rad flywheel do not require a jetting change with a stock airbox and all other parts stock. Maybe a slight adjustment of the carbs.

Is the motor doing something it shouldn't?
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

when just putting that stuff on the boat it would not get up on plain so i took the high side out a bit and it got betterwith just the head on the boat then i got it dialed in just like that then i put the fly wheel on the boat and it did the same thing the next weekend so i fatted up the high side again and it was ok plu read front dry, rear was a bit wet, so fatted it more on the front carb and still dry. i tried all the way out to 1 1/2 out on the front and no change but back stays the same. so now im putting a new head oring on it now and new carb gastets just to make sure there isnt a air leak somewhere. thanks for your help

Comment

Did you try cleaning the fuel filters that are inside each carb?
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

yeah i did that just before i put the head on the boat. rebuilt the carbs i have them off the boat now and on the bench tore down. i dont have the stock sea doo filter on the boat i switched it out to a yamaha one that is also a water seperater cause i was having problems with water in the gas in the middle of the season and havent had sence. right now the high jet is a 136 and that was stock. i am going to blow out both carbs and try it again after i put a new head gasket on and carb gaskets.

Comment

If all else fails, try putting the oem flywheel back on. Sometimes those aftermarket flywheels do not have good strong magnets in them and that causes a big bog on accelleration.
            Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

hum well thanks for your time bill

Comment

Another thing to consider is when lightening rotating parts, it may be wise to drop the impellor pitch one degree, or consider a swirl impellor.

A flywheel is an important piece, heavier equals more rotating momemtum, lighter equals less. If you are concerned with wave jumping where you need lots of torque down low in the rpm band, a lighter flywheel and or pto combined with a lower pitched swirl type impellor may be what you need if you reduce your rotating mass. Obiviously, the oem impellor pitch is not the correct and optimum impellor pitch once you have altered the torque band by lightening the rotating mass.
                Believe it or not, watercraft manufactuers do not just walk through the plant picking up parts off their shelves and throw them onto their watercraft and hope they work. They actually test these combinations of parts so that they work well together and your ski accellerates the way it should. Why pwc owners think they can change the parmeters of the engines power band without using the accompaning companion parts that compliment the change is beyond me......... Typically, if you change anything that alters the power band, their will be other changes necessary to take advantage of the change that is made. That is why they pay the engineers the big bucks.
                Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Working...
                X