Please Help!! Bogging Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!! Bogging Problem

Can someone please help? I have a 1999 GTX Limited and when I hit the throttle it doesn’t go above 10 MPH. (Its bogging) I sometimes let go of the throttle and then punch it and it takes off, but idles just perfect. I was testing my ignition and noticed that when I remove the longest wire going to one of the spark plugs the engine feels the same no different than when both ignition wires are plugged in, but as soon as I plug back the long wire and remove the shorter ignition wire from the other plug the engine cuts out. I was trying to turn the engine with only one wire (the short one) and the engine comes on. I did the same thing with the other wire (the long one) and the engine will not go on. I tested both wires and noticed spark coming out of both. Can the engine be able to start and run with either wires plugged in? It only runs with the short wire in not the long. Why!! Can someone please help? Also, I put new plugs in and clear fuel filter from inside the hull not the carb filters.

Thanks

Re: Please Help!! Bogging Problem

Sounds like you need to do some work to the carbs.

Comment

Re: Please Help!! Bogging Problem

A 1999 GTX has two coils, one for each clyinder. You might need a new coil for the clyinder that is giving you problems, but before you go buy a coil, you need to try a couple of things first. The bogging might be because one or both of the squirter nozzells in the carb ( the ones connected to the accellerator pump hoses) are clogged up. If they don't squirt fuel, you bog. Also, your coil wire problem may be nothing more than the connector on the end of the sprakplug wire. Remove the connector and clip off about 1/2 inch of wire and replace the connector back onto the wire. For some reason, these motors usually only start when only one of the two wires is connected, so don't worry about that, it is not uncommon to not start when only the other wire is connected. You would be very smart to clean those carbs out, especially the internal filters inside of them.
      Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Working...
      X