putting a 785 in a HX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting a 785 in a HX

I have a complete 785 engine and a HX hull but i dont know how to put it in. I have heard that someone used to make a saddle that would allow one to make this conversion but have not been able to find one. Does anyone know where i could find one to buy. I am also intersed in borrowing on to see how it is done and am willing to rent or make a payment of somesort. Mabey someone knows of another way of doing it. Also if anyone know where any information on this topic might be posted please let me know.
    thanks, Rodney
    rodneyrwolff@yahoo.com

Re: putting a 785 in a HX

Do a search on the topic.

Here is one of the results:
    http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...0&highlight=hx
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I know someone selling a complete 800 HX with total loss system, 44 mm carbs, the works. This thing is fast, he thinks its 62 mph. I think its faster. I ran it up against my xpl big bore and was impressed with it staying up with me till we got on top end and I was barely pulling him. I'd say 65 or so.
      SHOOTER

Comment

I searched the old threads and it seems that noboby has anything good to say about putting a 785 in an HX. I have all of the parts except the conversion plate. Should i sell the 785 stuff and buy a 720 parts. I blew my motor a few years ago in a race. I am racing skis now. I would like to make my HX a rec boat that is still somewhat fast. I do not think that it would be much fun to ride a HX that is slower than what i am used to. Does anybody have any ideas

rodney

Comment

put a 720 in it, sell it, then come to Goose Creek SC and buy a very very nice 800 hx thats set up the right way. The thing flies, I rode it and was very impressed.
          When you squeeze the throttle your instantly at top end. The motor revs up very fast. The extra weight from the 800 actually makes it a bit more stable. Doesn't feel so jumpy when your going over small waves. Only problem is if you hit a big wave, get ready cause it has the acceleration to jump it high.
          Let me know if your interested.
          I believe he is asking $3k as the starting price.
          SHOOTER

Comment

i have a conversion plate if your interested. 100.00 + s&h. zig
            please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

any pics of the hx? I'm interested
              If your looking for good work at a great price contact....

Shoreline Marine Works

Port Charlotte, Florida (941)628-3659

Trevor Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X