What is with people these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with people these days?

Man you can't trust anyone anymore!! The deal with the GSXL fell through. Get this...the seller wanted me to wire the money to his account but would not give me his address or phone number before I did so? I told him whats wrong with picking up the boat at his location with cash like we agreed!? He said this was not an option and that he wanted $3200 sent to him or wired to his account before I could take delivery. I wasn't born yesterday...expecially if you won't even release your phone number? I'm upset, this person just wasted a weeks worth of my time. I'm going to the gym to cool off.

Re: What is with people these days?

Was this off Ebay? If so it's a well known scam.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Yes but he also had an ad on boattrader.com I did not bid on ebay I responded to the ad on boattrader.com and he closed the auction early.

Comment

Well, that's nothing new.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank goodness you used your head and walked away;that deal sounds fishy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
            Well, that's nothing new.
            They are getting a little tricker by putting ads in boattrader wouldnt you say? Ussually they stick right to ebay. The guy even had a good email account from a ISP and not one of those hotmail, yahoo, freebie accounts. Moment he tried changing the deal than I knew something was up.

Comment

I'll sell you my 96 GSXL if your interested.

Comment

Just curious what was the guys feedback score on ebay ?

Comment

I just had an experience like this too. A guy posted two skis on the classified section of the web page of my local ISP.
                  They were both beautiful, and both about half the price they should have been.
                  Never one to pass up a good deal, I emailed him, and asked if he still had them. He replied that he did, and that if I wanted them he would sell them to me. The hitch was the deal had to be done through an escrow company, and he would then ship for free.
                  Momma didn't raise no fool. I asked where he was from, cause I wanted to see them before I paid for them. He e-mailed back saying he couldn't sell them to me, because the escrow company wouldn't go for it if I picked them up in person.
                  If a man isn't willing to meet with me, and do a deal for cash, there has to be something wrong. I started checking around and found that people had been scammed like this on Ebay. Seems the escrow company is usually a dead end mailbox somewhere.
                  If it seems too good to be true, it probably is

Comment

One born every day..............
                    Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Working...
                    X