aftermarket fuel filter on 97 gtx??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket fuel filter on 97 gtx??

anybody ever install a aftermarket fuel filter on a seadoo??i was thinking it would save you from having to clean out the little filters in the carbs so often or would it screw up fuel flow??any recommended type? thanks

Re: aftermarket fuel filter on 97 gtx??

you have a fuel filter / water seperater on that, it is up under the front of the ski. (buy where the steering is.) pull the front storage compartment out, and look up, and to the rear of your boat. this is a good filter, and there is really no reason to add another one. just be sure to keep it clean.

typically, on the doos with the grey fuel line, the fuel line is known for going bad (on the inside), and getting brown crap / goo in your carbs. i would recomend replacing all of your fuel lines with new ones. you can use regular automotive fuel line from your local auto store. good luck, and keep those filters clean. zig
    please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

Yea, I installed an inline filter on mine only to find it starved for fuel at top end. Not at first...it took about 20 seconds of full throttle, then it started hesitating. Not a good thing. Leaning out wide open will ultimately lead to seizure. I stopped mine immediately 'cause that was the end of the season last year. Now I'm going to change out all of the lines with the auto type.
      I cleaned out the gunk in the carb filters before all of this....that's why I put the filter there.
      bottom line is...I don't know if the filter actually restricted the fuel flow, OR the siphoning action from the pump itself. So, I'm removing the aftermarket filter when I install the new lines.
      Anyone currently using an inline filter?

Comment

Got one on my 96xp and I havent had a problem. But its whats called a hi flo filter.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with adding a free flowing aftermarket fuel filter inline on a watercraft. Just make sure it has low resistance and is suitable for the application. Do not use a paper filter.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Bill I think the one I have is paper. Are you saying dont use paper because its too restrictive or is there another reason ?

Comment

Paper gets clogged up easily, especially around water and oil, like commonly found in a boat or watercraft gas tank.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
              X