I know, I know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, I know...

Ok so I have asked this before. Problem is I have not been online for basically all winter so I have forgotten. I once asked the best mods to do to a 89 sp. I have multipule answers from Bill and the like. Once again I am asking this same question. I have a 89 sp I want to scream. What should I do to it. And just outta curiosity I remeber you saying Bill that you put a 689 was it? Thanks for the brain storm!

Re: I know, I know...

You cant really get much out of the stock 580. If you really want to go all out drop a 720 in there. The motor will basically bolt up but youll need to swap over all the 720 intake/exhaust stuff and MPEM and electronics. From there you have more displacement and more potential to make power. The 89 SP is a wicked light ski so you'll definitly be able to scoot. However if your gonna mod something, might as well go up to a mid-late 90's XP or SPX. They are just a superior, more refined ski. I would never go back now. I feel my SPX is just a more enjoyable ski.
    96 XP - K&N F/As, Accel Ignition, R&D TTs, Intakegrateless, Solas XO
    94 SPX rip (rebuild in progress)
    89 SP rip

Comment

I concur with smithsil
      SHOOTER

Comment

if you do want to do your older 89, i have some new parts here for it. westcoast header, new 100.00. ocean pro flame arrestors, 20.00 to 40.00. i have scoop grates, new 10.00. ride plate extensions, new 25.00. ect. let me know. give me an email. radracingpwc@aol.com. all parts are + s&h. copy and paste my link below, look under seadoo for pics. zig
        please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

Working...
        X