97 XP.. Lower End Questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 97 XP.. Lower End Questions..

Thank you.. I am sure that it wouldn't bother some people, but I will have to decide if I am willing to take that chance. I may simply purchase a rebuilt crankshaft, do a cylinder exchange, and replace bearings and such to restore my lower end back to like new specs.

Thanks again,
    Bob
    In the words of Toby Keith... "I might not be as good as I once was... But I'm as good once as I ever was..."

Comment

That's certainly a very good option as well, and you still get the one year no-fault warranty on the crank :)
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you...

At this point I have gotten the engine pulled down to the cases with guts still in them.. Rotary valve looks wonderful, as does the inside of the RV cover, and the machined area in the case. Several more items to explore when I go inside yet...

Without the pistons on, the crank spins freely and does not bind anywhere, but you can certainly hear the bearings turning. (Nothing "gritty", just a rotational noise that is pretty constant...) Not sure how it should sound in this condition, whether it sort of echos in the cases or what..

If i secure the crank from turning, and put a feeler gauge beside the rod to eliminate sideplay, I can get several thousands of radial play in the magneto rod journal when measured with a dial indicator, with far less in the rear. I am going to do a swap with SBT on the crankshaft assy.

A question for Bill @ WCM if you read this.. If I were to send you my jugs to bore and fit up new pistons... Is this a possibility? What would the cost be for a stock replacement style cast piston/ring set and boring/honing to finish size?

I know going this route I'll need a complete gasket set, carb kits, and a pressure tester. I am going draw up a set of block off plates for pressure testing and laser them out also. (Maybe have to sell a few sets of those to finance this project...? lol...)

The Seadoo dealer is the best place to get exact replacement line for oil lines, of all sizes?

Thank you in advance,
        Bob
        In the words of Toby Keith... "I might not be as good as I once was... But I'm as good once as I ever was..."

Comment

SBT sells a top end kit, comes with everything including new cylinders...

Comment

Working...
          X