97 xp - No Beep - No Start :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 xp - No Beep - No Start :-(

The last time I took my seadoo out I noticed that the vts wasn't working (I just want to add this in, because it could have something to do with it) I got off the seadoo, and took the lanyard. I gave it to a friend he got on the seadoo put the key in and it didn't beep. So it wouldn't start or anything. Not matter what we did we couldn't get the seadoo to beep so we could start it.

When I took it home, I took a screw driver to the solenoid and it turned over just fine.

I've checked all the fuses on the mpem board and they were all good, I checked the fuse in the solenoid box...and it wasn't good so I replaced it....still no beeps and it wouldn't start.

I checked the VTS box since it didn't work the last time it ran, and there was water in this box, so right now I'm letting it dry out....although I didni't see any fuses in the box...but maybe there is.

The battery is good too, so I'm wondering if the posts on the DESS is out, I think I can check that out if I use a ohm meter, so I'm buying one tonight to see about it. I'm trying to fix this myself so I don't have to spend a arm and a leg to get it fixed, although I will here in two weeks if I can't get it going by then.

If anybody has any suggestions for me, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks!!

Re: 97 xp - No Beep - No Start :-(

Do not buy a tether DESS post just yet.
    Unplug the 6 wire connector to the VTS.
    Replace the fuse in the rear box.
    Unplug and replug the big AMP connectors at the MPEM.
    Try it again and tell us what you get.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks Bill. I will do this as soon as I get home, and let you guys know.

So there is a fuse in the VTS box in the back? I'll dig around and try to find it, I didn't see it last night but it was dark.

Comment

No the fuse is in with the solenoid and the coil in the smaller black electrical box up front to the right of the motor. Sorry, it is in the back on other models.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM

Comment

im having a very similar problem as my VTS system does not work either. it will work one way but it wont work the other way, so im not to sure if its the VTS box in back or if its the switch in the handelbars?

Comment

I'll bet it is not the switch.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM

Comment

Ok, I changed the fuse in the black electrical box because it was bad. I replaced the fuse did what you listed to do, (although I didn't disconnect the vts) and I got two beeps out of it finally. However when I hit the start button nothing happend. So i basically unplugged everything from the mpem board, and unplugged the battery (first time i unplugged the battery)....waited 10 min and hooked it all back together and put the lanyard in and it beeped twice....then hit the start button and it turned over.

I waited around 20 min and put the lanyard back and and it still worked. It's at my fathers shop, and I'm going to run out there friday night and put it all back together (if i put the lanyard in and it turns over again), and hopefully on saturday I'll take it out and see how it's running.

Is there a good link on the web saying what you should do to your ski to get it ready for the season?

Comment

Yes, There is one on this site.
                Bill O'Neal <br>
                WCM

Comment

Working...
                X