97 GTI Bad Fuel Gauge ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GTI Bad Fuel Gauge ???

The gauge reads at the very bottom of "E". After reading previous posts and replies, I removed the sending unit/pickup and checked it. All the parts (float, magnets) are in place. I checked with a meter and got zero to 90 ohms anf the range in between as I moved it. What's next? Should there be voltage at the lead to the sending unit (I have none) I shorted the leads but the gauge didn't move. Thanks in advance.

Re: 97 GTI Bad Fuel Gauge ???

The float may be bad before you buy a new baffle check the float you can do this by putting some fuel in a can and then placing the baffle in the fuelcheck to see if the float is sinking or floating the fuel float kit is 10.00 at a dealer.

Comment

The sending unit checked out ok, I get the range of ratings from 0 to 89.5. I reinstalled the sending unit and with a partial tank of fuel get the appropriate ohms reading.

I think its the gauge...any suggestions?

Comment

My friends 97 SPX is doing the same thing..the resistance changes as you move the float up and down. The gauge stays on E and never even moves a bit when you push the start button (lanyard not post). My guess would also be the gauge. It's the fuel gauge with the low oil light.

Chris

Comment

I'm so happy. I just got 3 new floats for my 95 GTX. $7.95 ea

https://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.a...D&ProdID=27436

Comment

Working...
          X