96 Xp Mpem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Xp Mpem

I just replaced Mpem with a new one. I also replaced the starter selionoid checked the DEES switch, Starter button. All fuses are good and triple checked the connections to the Mpem. I get no beeps nothing. Does the Mpem have to be programmed first before I get anything. Any ideas on what may be happening.

Re: 96 Xp Mpem

You definitely need to get it programmed for your lanyard so the engine will start, but I'm pretty sure you should get some beeps. Sounds like you have an open ground on the way to the grey box in front. Check all the ground wires including the small black wire that connects to the battery ground terminal.
    Also, is battery good?

Comment

did you plug in the plug in the front of the motor ????

Comment

Tried all the above Nothing.

Comment

What made you think you needed a new MPEM in the first place? Maybe the problem was elsewhere from the get-go ?

Like a broken ignition pickup?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

When I connected the Wires to the selionoid it started to crank over. Have also replaced the selinoid.

Comment

What I think is happening is you have no ground to the electrical box. The Ignition ground orginates at the rear electrical box.
              A small black wire connects to the negative side of the battery and goes into the rear electrical box. It connects to the ground at the coil, then another black wire connects to both the solenoid and the ground post in the front electrical box through the wire harness. From that post, more wires ground out the MPEM and the stator plate on the front of the engine.

A common problem is that that small black wire in the rear box looks ok, but needs to be repaired because of a faulty connector or corrsion in the wire sheath. The same can be said for the main black cable to connects to the lug next to the starter. It is known to break off and or get corroded. Either of these wires or cables will cause your problem.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM

Comment

Removed and cleand Main ground. Already checked continuity to Back wire at battery and canged connection. Got a match I'm ready burn it.

Comment

Use a torch. Saves time.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM

Comment

:emoticonl Found matches just couldn't do it.
                    ANY OTHER IDEAS BEFORE I TAKE IT TO MY JET SKI SHIESTER MECHANIC.

Comment

Obviously you're missing something fundimental, but we can't see it for you. Just take it in.
                      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

You could always connect a temp ground to the front electrical box. Get a long piece of wire and connect it to the battery - now run it ouside the ski to the fron box and connect it there and see if it helps. If not then touch it to the block and test again.
                        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
                        X