97 XP fuel issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 XP fuel issues

Allright I could use some help with my friends 97 XP 800. The first time out the beast flooded the crankcase with fuel (ran fine on the trailer) He dropped the ski off at my house, I pulled the carbs to find this :emoticonc

So they will be cleaned thoroughly and rebuilt. Here's the dilemna, it appears that the fuel lines may have been relocated by the previous owner The line coming from the in hull filter is going to the bottom of the front right carb, and the other line coming from the tank is going to a "Y" fitting that feeds a barb on each of the carb tops. The pulse line is attached to the top of the front carb. I wish I had the ability to make a diagram of this mess:emoticonc
    If anyone knows how these lines are supposed to be attached it would be a huge help.
    Thanks
    Bri
    <CENTER><CENTER></CENTER></CENTER>

Re: 97 XP fuel issues

I am working on a 97 XP myself. At the point of this photo, I had the motor out, but carbs hanging on the side of the hull. It appears that my lines are as you describe. The one you can't see goes to the bottom of the front carb. You can see the rest of them.

Bob
    Attached Files
    In the words of Toby Keith... "I might not be as good as I once was... But I'm as good once as I ever was..."

Comment

Thanks Bob, that clears up all the concerns I had with the fuel lines- they are actually on right. I'll post back the results on the ski once the carbs have been rebuilt.
      Thanks Again,
      Bri

Comment

Amazing what a carb rebuild will do :emoticont She runs great now, both diaphrams were shot, and the pop off before the rebuild was at 50 PSI (The springs in the carbs did not match anything I've ever seen from Mikuni)
        Thanks,
        Bri

Comment

Yeah, the springs look wierd when they are corroded and the pop off can be extremly high when the needles are sticking shut from the corrosion and crud built up on them.
          Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

I would have chunked those carbs. It will be a matter of time. Did you get all the crappy brown stuff out of it or just put the rebuild kit in without cleaning it, hahahahaha.
            SHOOTER

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTER
              I would have chunked those carbs. It will be a matter of time. Did you get all the crappy brown stuff out of it or just put the rebuild kit in without cleaning it, hahahahaha.
              SHOOTER
              I agree thats it's only a matter of time before that thing blows up. Too bad it didn't blow up while I was racing him with the cracked pipe on my XPL hahaha
              Bri
              PS- Go pull that 95 apart :emoticont

Comment

go pull the 95 apart, haha, why does your buddy want to buy my carbs, hahaha.
                well, 951 going into a 95xp800 hull in a couple of weeks. Going to start yanking stuff out and selling it to make up the project. I need some good sponsons for this setup.
                SHOOTER

Comment

Working...
                X