OPAS Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPAS Adjustment

When my handlebars are straight the OPAS finns are not aligned properly (pointing to starboard). I am not ready to remove them yet, so I need to know how to adjust them or they will create problems in steering.

Do you remove the pin that goes through the tie rod stabilizing fitting and then turn the tie rod (I assume it is threaded) to achieve the 1.65 inch measurement (with handlebars straight)?

Re: OPAS Adjustment

Is the steering nozzel straight when the handlebar is straight? If not, adjust the steering cable.
    Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for the feedback. The nozzle does appear to be a little off, so I will start by adjusting that cable, however, the OPAS rutters still appear to be a little off by measurement. Is the OPAS tie rod threaded for adjustment?

Comment

First align your steering nozzel. The OPAS problem may go away when the steering is properly aligned.
        Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Working...
        X