New Ski, new rider, lots of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ski, new rider, lots of questions

Hi to everyone. I'm new to PWC's (we had old stand ups years ago) and have a few questions.
    Someone owed me some $$ and instead of money I got a 1998 Sea Doo GSX and a 1995 Arctic Cat Daytona with a nice trailer! Not a bad deal!!
    I have no idea how to maintain these babies! I have manuals on order, but I would like to ride, so I'm asking questions here. Do these ski's recharged there own batteries or do I need a battery tender? The GSX says (on the dash readout) that maintanence is needed and the battery is not showing full charge? How do I know how much oil the ski's have. There aren't any dipsticks on them. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Re: New Ski, new rider, lots of questions

They are two strokes, so the dipstick is in the oil tank.

Buy new batteries and yes, you need to keep them charged when not in use. The ski will only maintain a charge while actually running the motor. It will not recharge a low battery with normal use.

There are many articles here at this site about maintence, but those service manuals will be your best source of information for each paticular ski.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X