97 GTX no low speed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 97 GTX no low speed....

I never tried it moving, just held it and revved it, Little or no water, rev it up and pours out, lots of volume not that much pressure, could this fix my problem, Is it common.Anyone has a good one let me know, 304 639 2191, I need it...Thanks guys You too there Bill.......

Comment

Yes that could be your problem.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Bringing this thread out from the dead, but I am experiencing the exact same problem on my '96 GTX. How do you check your water regulator, and where is it located exactly? Like mentioned before, i'm good on cars, ATV's, etc, but these Ski's have threw me for a loop trying to troubleshoot.

Comment

This seems very common but it could be several different things. I thought it was my water regulator but my buddy has the same ski and runs good, I borrowed his regulator and it tested the same, More water at higher rpm. I need help.. PLEASE

Comment

A water regulator regulates water. More water at lower rpm ( but not idling), less at higher rpm.
            Your testing is flawed, as no jetpump produces much water flow or pressure at idle speeds. As rpm rises, so does water pressure and water flow. That is when the water regulator valve goes into action and starts regulating (cutting down the flow) of water that injects into the headpipe and diverts more of it into the muffler.
            This allows the headpipe to "dryout" and that allows the engine to rev up higher.

You should notice a drop in the amount of water being sent to the headpipe when the rpm gets into the higher ranges.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM

Comment

Do you still think that the one I borowed is faulty also. Same results with his, Should I buy a new one or test something else...Thanks...

Comment

Well if his works on his boat and allows the rpm to climb up to 6750 or better without a hesitation at the hit of the throttle, I would guess his is good to go. try your regulator on his boat.
                Bill O'Neal <br>
                WCM

Comment

His ski runs way better then mine, bad shape, his tops out at 6800, 55mph, mine is 6850, 58 or so but his has no hesitation, Im trying to talk him into borrowing his carbs, I like playing with mine not his in case I mess something up. I never did a regulator test on his but his runs the same, maybe even a little better with mine on his. Any ideas what next, Im assuming carbs.I have pretty much a complete 95 with blown motor and no carbs if somebody want to trade for good carbs for mine... Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                  X