Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good prop for 94 XP.

Hello guys

Well I finally got my 94 XP all put back together.
    I add a Westcoast head(180 PSI) and pipe. I also added Ocean Pro F/A.
    I got the pump's wear ring replaced and added a Solas SC. Think its a 13/18.
    Well its not doing me any good. I'm now slower then, I was last year with a chew'd up wear ring.

Can you guys please recommend a good prop for good take off and decent speed???
    I borrowed a 16/25 swirl(skat trak) but a buddy of mine, thinks I'm wasting my time putting it on. He doesn't think the 650x will turn it.
    I have done some research and came up with a 15/20 slimline or a 14/19 swirl. Anyone ever tried any of these???

Thanks

Re: Looking for a good prop for 94 XP.

I have a stock one I'll sell ya..

If you knew,then you'd know!

Comment

Thanks

My buddy has a stock prop off his 97 SPX. Its a 16/23 or 16/24.

Do any of the Skat's sound good???

Comment

Solas SD-SC-I 14x19 will work great on most limited modified 657 engine boats. If you really make big horsepower, you might try the 15x20 Solas.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
          Solas SD-SC-I 14x19 will work great on most limited modified 657 engine boats. If you really make big horsepower, you might try the 15x20 Solas.
          That's the one, Dave at Impro's was saying to use.
          I'm almost positive that the Solas I have is just a SC. SD-SC.
          I justed looked over at Solas' website and they don't have a 13/18.
          I bought the impeller off John Zigler. It was brand new, and I thought that what is said it was.
          Thanks Bill, but any idea if those Skat's would be any good?

Comment

The SD-SC-I model impellor is what you want. SD-SC models come in A-J models. The 13x18 was for a 580 engine.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM

Comment

From my new experience with my 95SPX with the 657X, the I series Solas is what you want. Sounds like our set ups are pretty close with the exception of the pipe (you have one, I don't).

I recently installed the I series Solas on my 95SPX along with the following:
              Worx Maxiloader intake grate
              PPG Level 1 (head and carbs)
              Setback pump from a 95XP (but I just removed the extension due to severe porpoising so am running just the 95XP pump only now).

My SPX really ups & gets it now. It's no RXP that's for sure, but it's got great throttle response throughout and solid hook up. Definitely increased the fun factor of the SPX, and without a doubt has better hole shot, acceleration, and top end. I think I might need a slight repitch of the prop to get the last little bit out of the current set up, but won't mess with that until I have the set up ironed out and this riding season is over (no GPS #'s yet, but topping out at 7K on the tach).

How is the pipe working for you? I've been considering adding a pipe, but want to replace my current WSM top end for OEM prior to doing so.

Comment

as far as the westcoast pipe goes don't wast your money, it is basically a stock pipe. I found out westcoast made most of seadoo's pipes.

Comment

Look on the side of an OEM pipe. See the W.P.P. cast onto it? What do you suspose that means? Westcoast Performance Products........ If you add the water fitting into an oem 580 XP pipe stinger and jet down the water that is injected into the midpipe fitting, Presto! you have a Westcoast Performance Pipe.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM

Comment

Working...
                  X