Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help buying a 97 Seadoo Sportster.

Hi people,

First off, I am new to boating. A local person is selling a 1997 Seadoo Speedster(4 passenger). It has twin Rotax motors. The guy added a cd player with 2 speakers and a flip up rain/sun roof(I forget what he called that). It appears to be in good shape. It comes with a nice Seadoo trailer & boat cover. He is also throwing in all his accessories(life vests, bouys, anchor, etc). He said it rips well can can taste most jet skies. He said it will do 60mph.

He wants $7000 for it. I know it is hard to judge without seeing/driving it, but does this sound like a decent price?

He is going to take me for a ride in it. What should I be looking for to make sure it is in good shape?

I want it to jet around in and water ski in the local river(Susquehanna) here in central Pennsylvania. Does this boat sound like it fits the bill?

I appreciate any responses. Thanks in advance,

John
    Last edited by Clarky; 06-08-2005, 11:39 AM.

Re: Help buying a 97 Seadoo Sportster.

Assuming the engines are in good shape, yes that's a good price. He's WAY off on the speed though, it's more like 50. On a good day. Downhill. With the wind :)

Read the tech article on inspecting a used ski, the same things apply. There is also a Video in the Ride Right Videos section on buying new and used that goes over what to check.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X