Carb kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb kit?

Hello I have been having a problem with the jet ski bogging down when applying ¾ to full throttle but once at top speed full throttle it is fine. I am positive it is the carbs I have cleaned them and problem persists.

I think it is a carb part but have looked for a carb rebuild kit and there isn’t one if I bought every single part it would be an astounding amount of money why dont they make carb kits for these? If they do could someone send me a link.

94 sea doo spx dual minki carbs

Re: Carb kit?

SBT and most other parts shops sell a rebuild kit for your carbs.
    SBT part number #35-160
    You should also buy new needles and seats. They are sold seperately.
    Last edited by Bill O'Neal2; 06-09-2005, 12:47 PM.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Also I tried running the ski on 1 cylinder to diagnose if it was front or rear carb with the problem after scratching my head at why it dont run on either cylinder more then a few breif seconds I am considering something else is the problem.

Could it be the rotar valve on the intake could be off? What are the problems if the valve is off? It does shake and ping alot at low rpm's and it doesnt idle. Im sorry if this is being dragged out i am just new to the world of jet ski's and i have already spent alot and still havent fixed it to run smooth.

Comment: I have replaced the impeller cone so it doesnt shake as much but it does shake still and i dont want to replace the exhaust manifold again b/c of the shaking motor.

Comment

If you did not change the Rotary Valve setting, how could it be off?

Did you do some work to this motor that you failed to mention?
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM

Comment

Well Like i said I have put alot of money into this ski and still doesnt run smooth. I had a loose battery cable it fried the electronics well the sea doo dealer told me it was the points and condesor so i had to replace them turns out it was not them but the electical brain in the sealed box up front by tank. I also have had bad vibrations since buying the ski over 2 years ago in turn have replaced the exhaust manifold twice b/c it breaks off the stud on it from the shaking. I did relieve some shaking by replacing the cone on the impeller shaft with and new spring loaded one. So yes there have been repairs but i believe part of the shaking is in part to something else not just the carbs. Maybe the owner pryer to me had messed with the intake i have not a clue.

I do like the fact that your company hosts these forums with tons of useful information I will now deal directly with your company.

Comment

Replacing a pump cone will quiet a noisy impellor some, but has nothing to do with stopping an engine/drivetrain viberation. All older Sea Doo impellors rattle on the shafts because they are spined metal impellors and shafts. Do not confuse that with engine viberations.

What makes an engine viberate ?

Bad or broken motor mounts.
            A mis-aligned engine and pump.
            A bent driveshaft.
            A really bad cavatation in the pump, usually caused by a bent impellor or bad wear ring or broken veins in the pump.

An exhaust pipe banging on the side of the hull is not completely unnormal on some models and makes alot of noise at idle speeds. Do not confuse that with engine viberations.

The mention of breaking exhaust pipe bolts and studs can be caused by a bad impellor or wear ring, or a bent driveshaft.

Sea Doo's do not have points and condensers.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM

Comment

Well it was the magneto then? im not sure it was over a year ago it was all behind the front flywheel. So you believ it is the carbs then ? I know the carbs are very touchie on these. Could you send me a price quote on (bad wear ring or broken veins, and 2 carb rebuild kits )? I would be happy to purchase them from your company. Also i looked around and most repair manuals for this jet ski are very high could you refer me to a less expensive one?

For quote my email is mark@classifiedaccess.com

Thanks for all the great information

Comment

You need to figure out if you need a wear ring, an impellor, or a driveshaft and anything else that is wrong before you start buying replacement parts.

The only service manual worth owning is a Sea Doo service manual, or a cheap Sea Doo repair CD off of ebay. In fact, if you look back far enough, there was a guy selling them right here in the classified section of this website not too long ago.
                Bill O'Neal <br>
                WCM

Comment

Working...
                X