951 new to sea doo's need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 new to sea doo's need help

It seems like the 951's like to be on the bench more than on the water?? Is that true? I just got my first one in a 99 XP LTD It is on its 3 rd rebuild (other owners) (I have 2 other Kawasaki's 750 and 900) The only mods are primer kit and a after market air intake (all factory taken off) Is there anything I can do to ensure a long life in this motor? I have been told to get rid of the gray fuel lines and clean the carbs, I looked at the tec tips and am going to check my carb settings but not sure if th eair intake will make a difference. Is there anything else to look at?? '

Thanks

Captin

Re: 951 new to sea doo's need help

Those two models of Kawasaki's are two of the most reliable skis on the water. Too bad neither one has a Sea Doo hull. LOL!

The most important thing you can do is good maintence. The 951 needs alot more personal attention than those Kawasaki motors need.

Keep the battery in top condition, changing it every year for a new battery.

Keep salt water out of the motor when it is not being ridden.

Fog the motor with fogging oil after you ride it.

Clean the RAVE valves and change the pump oil every 50 hours.

Do not flip it, flood it, or leave the drain plugs out.

Have the carb filters cleaned after 150 hours.

Find a really knowledgeable Sea Doo mechanic and buy lots of beer for him.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks for the INFO I will look for a beer drinking Sea Doo mechanic to drink beer with and get info.

Why fog after every use??? I dont understand or just if it sits for a while.

I am changing the oil this weekend.

Battery is new this year

I ride fresh water only (lake Erie, Sandusky Bay)

I will clean the carb filters this weekend also

I am not sure I can't "not flip it" But I will try very hard ( I have never flooder one yet) Knoek on Wood

Thanks for your help any thing else would be great.

Comment

I would recremend buying a block off plate from sbt. Because i
        Have a 2001 with oil ingection and it has went bad.Bloww my engine.

Comment

Fog it after a weekend of riding, not everytime you go around the lake.
          When a ski sits. It rusts inside the motor. Everyday, everytime. So fogging it prevents this rust from becoming a problem later.

The oil injectors are very reliable if they are not bombarded with salt water and not cleaned and spray lubed after each outing.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
          X