Seadoo GTS 1998

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seadoo GTS 1998

Help. We have a 1998 Seadoo GTS. Last time we started it was Sept 04. No problems, had just had a tune up and maintence done. Today bought a brand new battery for it, charged it, put it in and it wont start. We get the 2 beeps, but it wont turn over. It hasnt even been in the water since the tune up was done. Any ideas on what we could? Thanks:(
    Last edited by sassy05; 06-11-2005, 04:29 PM.

Re: Seadoo GTS 1998

Check to make sure the brand new battery is charged, it's common for them not to be.
    "I'm doing the best that I can according to my current awareness!"

Comment

It is, we charged it here once we got the battery.

Comment

Are you positive that you got the cables on correctly and tight fitting connections. Are you sure you turned on the gas. Did the dealer that did the service start it before he let it go to check the connections that he made or changed. Id be looking there first.

Comment

Try jumping the solenoid. If it starts, replace the solenoid. If it doesn't start, replace the starter motor.
          Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

they are. we have 12v 18amp battery. the first battery the shop gave us was a 12v 16amp. tried that, wouldnt work, took it back and the closest they had was the 18amp. still nothing. just makes a clunk sound, like it wants to start but cant.

Comment

this is probably a silly question...my husband is at work and im trying to help. what is the solenoid and where is it. Thanks:)

Comment

just wanting to find out where the solenoid is and how to check it. i appreciate all the help. thanks

Comment

Follow the red wire from the battery into the electrical box.
                  SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                  We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                  Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok and then how do we jump it? sorry for all the dumb questions. this is new to me. thanks again

Comment

When you open the box you will see the two large terminals where the wires are connected to it. You jump it by using a screw driver or other metal objuct and touching the two terminals with it.

Have you taken the spark plugs out of the engine to see if it will turn over without them, or at least by hand? It's possible the engine is locked up if not.
                      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X