Baffle Removal - 1997 GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffle Removal - 1997 GSX

Today I started the project of attempting to remove my baffle due to a fuel gauge problems. I was able to remove the 4 bolts for the steering head, but couldn't seem to lift it enough to get it out of the way. I assume that the steering head needs to be pushed off to the side so that you can access the baffle. Is that correct and do you have any hints on how to get the steering head out of the way so that I can access the baffle? I read a post here that said the steering head can be pushed aside with disconnecting anything from it.

Once I get to the baffle I know that there are 2 hose clamps as part of the baffle assembly. Do I just loosen both of these and do I just pull the baffle straight up out of the tank? Any advise on this process would be greatly appreciated!

I am getting ready to go on vacation and I need to get this repaired ASAP.

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: Baffle Removal - 1997 GSX

You are correct but you do not need to loosen both clamps just the lower clamp.

Comment

Re: Baffle Removal - 1997 GSX

To move the steering head out of the way, you need to disconnect the steering cable up under the hood, so you can lay it over out of the way to get to the fuel baffel.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
      X