SeaDoo GTS Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaDoo GTS Help

First, thank you guys for all of the help so far.............

Still have some need of help tho. The 98 GTS still will not start, I can see or feel the starter try to turn the engine over, but what has me worried....is how can an engine that has not been run, or even close to getting hot......it has just been sitting in the garage for close to a year freeze up? is ther any way to free spin this thing without diconnecting the starter? Still learning here and do not want to do anything to cause more damage, I am just amazed due to the fact last time this unit was run was on a test run after all of the work was done that lasted approx. 3 minutes. again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: SeaDoo GTS Help

Its possible the motor as you said is just froze up a little bit, my opinion would be to take the spark plugs out, put some lubricating agent in the plug holes (wd-40) and see if it will spin over then if so let it crank for a few seconds to get everything loosened up, put the plugs back in and see if she'll crank over,if so it might drag over but if it starts youll be fine as soon as the motor gets the rust out of it. Did you try to short the solenoid out as mentioned in the other posts? Just wondering if you figured it out hope you get it going, Brandon

Comment

Re: SeaDoo GTS Help

I wouldnt use wd-40 but I would get some fogging oil or premix gas in it. It could have frooze up because it was not stored properly after the work was done and the bearings rusted all that time a year ago.

Comment

Working...
      X