Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 GSX Limited - Cutting out/sluggish??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 GSX Limited - Cutting out/sluggish??????

This past weekend my GSX would cut out (for lack of a better term). It really sounded like it was starving for fuel or flooding out. I ride motorcycles and it sounded like the choke was giving it too much fuel and bogging the motor. I checked and the choke was not on.
    It wouldn't do it all the time. It would run fine for a while then be sluggish, then run fine for a while. Is there a fuel filter that might be clogged?? My service manuals should be here this week, but in the meantime. Any ideas???

Re: 1998 GSX Limited - Cutting out/sluggish??????

Its sounds like the interanal carb filters are clogged. My XP did the same thing and it cured the problem. Its odd though that a fuel restriction would cause it to bog like it was flooded but cleaning the filters worked. Maybe someone could explain this.

Comment

Originally posted by ncdoo
      Its sounds like the interanal carb filters are clogged. My XP did the same thing and it cured the problem. Its odd though that a fuel restriction would cause it to bog like it was flooded but cleaning the filters worked. Maybe someone could explain this.
      Where are the filters and how do I get to them? What do you clean them with? Remember, no service manual yet. Thanks for the input

Comment

You can get to mag carb with it still bolted on but you have to take the other off to get to it. Check out this website and look for the diagram for the mikuni super BN 44/46 carb. Its part no. 7.
        http://www.jet-world.com/FUELSYSTEMS.htm

Comment

Working...
        X