Noisy 91 - where's the water going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy 91 - where's the water going?

My 91 GT is fun to drive, lots of room for the kids and it'll pull a tube like you wouldn't believe. But it's a noisy brute, and I'm wondering where the water is going.

The boat has an aftermarket Westcoast muffler/water box and when idling it just roars out the back. I'm wondering why it's not getting enough water in the water box to muffle it. Will this keep the engine from running at peak performance due to lack of back pressure.

I checked all the water lines and I'm sure they're hooked up correctly. The engine runs smooth and cool enough, so cooling doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm wondering if something's plugged in the exhaust area that's keeping water from flowing. Or am I on the wrong track. Should I change it back to stock and will that lower the noise level?

Re: Noisy 91 - where's the water going?

The reason it's so noisy (that's ALL aftermarket waterboxes do - annoy people with loud noise) is because you don't have the bafles of the stock waterbox. Get a good used OEM waterbox.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Have one shipped in the Cont US 35.00 take paypal or money order. email installer_man@yahoo.com

Comment

Thanks for the note. I sent you an email....

Comment

Hey KS,

Sold you some parts before... I got some other stock stuff if you wanted to run over to the airport. Or I can get my "delivery man" :D take it to work for you again if he is working over there soon...

Comment

Sorry Taz he already bought mine. how is that switch doing?

Comment

Working...
            X