No announcement yet.

Porting cylinders on a 800 rave motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porting cylinders on a 800 rave motor?

Has anyone had any good results porting a 800 rave motor. I saw a website that sells templates. Has anyone tried these? Looks like a good winter project.
    Joe

Re: Porting cylinders on a 800 rave motor?

Here's the website.
    http://www.racelogic.com

Comment

Porting properly is an artform. Yes if a template is 'good' it can certainly be used as a project...BUT you have to know what you are doing to actually do the work AND have the right tools. The right tools include a 90 deg. dremel and assortment of bits...not to mention the skill to use them in a cylinder. It's not as simply as tracing lines and gouging out material.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The tools and the expertise is not a problem, I've ported championship winning two stroke kart engines before, just wondering how much this would help the performance of an 800 engine and was wondering if anyone had used the templates. Since I'm new to these Sea Doo engines, I hated to start out blind and possibly and ruin the cylinders. If these templates were close, it would give me something to start with.

Comment

Gotcha! Well as far as I know no one on any major board has ever tried them, so you would be the first :)
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

You would be much better off if you first degreed the engine yourself, then raised and widened the exhaust port about 2mm. Do not raise the transfers. Enlarge the boost port ( widen ).
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
            X