Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 gtx fuel guage-fixes not working

Hi all,
    Love the site it has really helped. I bought the shop manual but it reeeallly doesn't say all it should for the average owner to trouble shoot problems.

After following the different threads on this subject I did all the suggested tests:

I tested my baffle and got the 0-90 ohms readings when sliding the pickup back and forth.

I jumpered the connector to the MPEM and the display read full tank (after pushing the start switch for my 30 second window).

Problem: connect baffle back up, still can't get guage to read full with magnet slid up to top of baffle.

What have I done wrong?
    The guage changes state reeeaaallly slow. But it would read the jumper at full tank when the start button was hit. Tried the same with the magnet at the top of the baffle, no reading/empty tank, low fuel light.:emoticonc

Is this where I need to dig the top of the baffle out to get to the fuse?
    The threads weren't clear. Thought that was only when you didn't get the 0-90 ohm reading.
    Is this a connector problem? It still has the silicone ? grease on the connector. Should I look closer at this again.

Other thing, noticed threads on cleaning the internal gas filters on the carbs.
    Can some one give me run down on this as I don't believe that has occured since I got it.

Thanks for all the great info.:emoticont

Re: 96 gtx fuel guage-fixes not working

dont dig the potting out.. just cut a section of the baflle off..
    and you should have continuity between the black and pink wire. otherwise you have a blown fuse.. just solder the fuse back and presto.

Comment

With the readings on the baffle, it is working properly. Is it reading but not reading completely full with the float at the top of the baffle?

Comment

SAme problem with the same exact ski. I replaced the float, and it's fixed. I dunno, maybe the magnet gets weak in them or something.... there's a lot of play between the float and the tube....if the float is laying on the back side of the tube away from the circuit board, it may not have enough magnetic pull to register. Maybe when you did your resistance check it was closer to the board???
        I think the float is like $8....it's worth a try.

Comment

Working...
        X