HX SS 720 Wiinngggiiinggg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HX SS 720 Wiinngggiiinggg

Alright, got the gasket problem fixed. This machine is a monster. Recapping,
    hot rods crank, 85.5 kawi flat top pistons, ported cylinders, cases, rad flywheel, novi 44's, light weight pto, skat trak 17.5 22.5, ada head 34cc domes.

Anyhow, this thing rips. Although on high speed accelerations for oh 15 - 20 secs pegged i get a radical wingnnngggggggggnggggg, let off and let the motor recover it goes away. I checked carbs and plugs, and I am not running lean. Im wondering if the drive line is out of line? the noise isnt from the boat going in and out of the wake.
    I run around 7000- 7100 rpms. i am wondering if its a prop issue or carrier bearing? ???????????

Yeah this thing is a bear to start also. You have to prime prime prime holding the throttle wide open. Ive tried every pop off spring weight, new needle and seat. I am running Parts Unlimited 1/4 fuel line. Ive heard that can starve the motor and its best to use oem 6mm seadoo fuel lines. Thanks for any help

Re: HX SS 720 Wiinngggiiinggg

the 6mm and 1/4 are nearly identical.. that is not an issue for your setup.
    no idea where the noise is from..
    have you tried keeping it strapped on the trailer and while at the boat ramp run it up to rpm with the hood up and see where its at?

Comment

Working...
    X