Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 engine temp sensor reading

Hello all,
    I tried searching the threads for this info but couldn't find my answer....
    Can anyone out there tell me the resistance reading on a good 951 engine (over) temp sensor at room temp? I'm reading 1.7K ohms.
    My 2001 gtx seadoo got dumped by my brother in heavy surf. It cranks, the battery is fully charged but no fire going to the plugs. I checked it with a timing light. I'm thinking the temp sensor may be inhibiting the MPEM from firing the coils which ohm'd out within spec. the engine didn't get water in it, I checked after we pulled it off the beach. the hull was about half full of salt water by the time he fought the surf to shore. My brother was smart enough to read the tag on the back when turning it upright. pulled spark plugs and no water came out the holes and no evidence of water on the plugs...
    I discovered the starter/coil box in the back didn't have the gasket in it so it got flooded.... Hope it didn't damage the MPEM...???

any help would be appreciated..... or tips on what to check next.... The Console appears to be working OK. and it reads 500 RPM's when cranking with the starter. I pulled and checked all the connectors on the MPEM and fuses they appear OK.
    Last edited by seanut951; 06-20-2005, 09:14 PM.

Re: 951 engine temp sensor reading

The temp sensor is not connected in any way to the ignition. So it is not inhibiting your spark.
    I think your problem is in the rear electrical box that got flooded. Remove all of the wires in there and sand all of the connectors. In fact, clean all connectors that were emerged in salt water throughout the hull, including the engine grounding wires. There is also the possibility of having gotten salt water into the magneto housing, where it may be interfering with the magneto and/or ignition pickup.

Be sure to clean the fuse connector in the rear electrical box. Use dielectric grease on all of the connectors, fuses and grounds when you put them back together.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: 951 engine temp sensor reading

Thanks a million,

the ignition box was pretty coroded, Once I cleaned it up and put in fresh plugs it started right up....

Comment

Working...
      X