RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM's

I have an 01 RxDi and i was wonder about what the range of RPM's should be?
    Today i maxed out at 6800 RPM's and i was going 59 Mph. Everything is stock on my Jetski. Does this sound about right for what i have? Is there anything that will make my revs go higher, and will i get a little more speed out of that?

Re: RPM's

Yep, sounds right, and nope, leave it alone. If you want speed, buy the four stroker.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks Bill. I was under the impression that i could get a different impellar with a higher/lower pitch and that would give me a higher top speed or higher accleration.

Comment

Maybe you can but I think what Bill is saying is to leave it alone the -- if it aint broke dont fix it theory When you get into changing things you mes with the life of the ski as well as the reliability of the ski.

Comment

thanks. i didnt relize that changing an inpeller would affect things that much im new to this stuff. But fi you guys say so. Hey cupla more questions. I want to take it to the shore and do some wave jumping. is there anything that i need to know/do before i take this adventure. Also a friend of mine gets 110 octane fuel for his quad could i run this in my ski the fuel is unleaded

Comment

If you are going to do all that then make sure you read up on the maintanence of these things especially saltwater flushing and cleaning.

Comment

Your ski does not require 110 octane. Your "Check Wallet" light may come on.
              "I'm doing the best that I can according to my current awareness!"

Comment

Well i was more worried about motor mounts and if they needed to be changed. I already have a salt water flush kit.

Comment

then just make sure you use it correctly and clean the inside of your hull with salt away or similar product.

Comment

The only way to make a ski go faster is to invest in more horsepower. Changing an impellor in todays world of excellent stainless steel impellors right from the oem's is about useless to gain speed, unless of course yours is trashed.
                    Bill O'Neal <br>
                    WCM
                    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
                    X