95 keeps blowing the vts fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 keeps blowing the vts fuse

This spring I noticed the trim wasn't working. I changed the fuse and it worked for about 3 seconds and blew a fuse. I checked the motor with a 7.2 volt battery and it worked effortlessly. Put a new fuse in and it worked for about 3 seconds and blew the fuse again. Any ideas?

Re: 95 keeps blowing the vts fuse

you box is bad and if you leave that fuse in it will drain your battery too

Comment

Have a look at the following analysis article on...

http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/vts/index.html

It explains the common faults with VTS systems....and believe me they are pretty dodgy.....Yours sounds as if it is done for....you'll need to buy a new one. But have a look at the article anyway. The most common failure has to do with the black box>the sealing compound used breaks down after time, becomes conductive and usually creates a short circuit.

Most people buy a completely new VTS and i do believe (from what i'm told) that the problem was sorted out. I opted to make my own control circuit because i didn't have much faith in the Seadoo VTS boxes. Good luck.:emoticont

Comment

frankey01, now that you say that, my battery was going dead, I thought it was just getting bad, thanks

Comment

will a 96 box work

Comment

you may have to rig the plugs Im not sure on the plug configuration but the box itself will work

Comment

Working...
            X