96 GTi one beep error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GTi one beep error

After riding my 96 GTi and coming back to the dock at idle speed (no throttle) I get two type of problems - both with a one beep error.

1) I will hear one beep and then the start/stop button won't work. The only way to shut it off it to pull off the lanyard.

2) It will stall and then one beep sounds. I have to pull off the lanyard and put it back on and it works again.

These two problems just started occurring and do not happen in any order. It doesn't happen every time out but it is starting to happen every other time.

I would appreceiate any information on what the problem is and how to fix it.

Re: 96 GTi one beep error

Try cleaning the lanyard and lanyard post.

Do a test on the battery with the engine running to see if the rectifier is good or bad. Measure the voltage with the engine off. Then start the motor and rev it to 5000 rpm and test it again. You should see voltage in the high 13's to mid 14 volt range. If less than that, or more than 15 V, replace the rectifier.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks for your response. I tried cleaning the post and lanyard but it didn't help. Both battery cables were on tight. The battery light has never come on and it always has a good charge to restart the engine. I have no way of checking the voltage so the only thing I could do was check for the diagnostic beeps.

It came back with two short beeps. I confirmed this by checking it multiple times. Can the two short beep errors still indicate the rectifier. If so, I will just purchase one and replace it. My seadoo is a long way away from a dealer so I am willing to just replace the part if you think that is the problem. Can the short two beep error indicate anything else is wrong?

Comment

Two short beeps is not an error code. It is telling you the ignition is armed and ready to start the motor.
        Last edited by Bill O'Neal2; 07-28-2005, 01:53 PM.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM

Comment

Just to give an update and fix of the problem in case anyone else experiences this. I took it into the dealer and they checked it out on the local lake. They did replicate the problem and it turned out that the spark plugs were not resistor spark plugs. They changed the plugs to resistor plugs and tested again without any problems.

The only complaint that I have with them is that I always buy my spark plugs from them when I take it in to get winterized. In the spring, after running it for an hour or so, I change to the new plugs. They must have sold me the wrong plugs last fall when I took it in. Oh well, it could have been something much more expensive.

Comment

Funny, the reason I suggessted the rectifier is when the rectifier is bad, it emits radio frequency interference that disrupts the ignition, which is exactly what is happening with non resistor sparkplugs. Goes to show, check the simple things first.........
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM

Comment

Bill. What is the troubleshooting for NO beep when you put the ignition key in?

Comment

It usually means there is no power at all getting to the ignition module or anything else. Like maybe the ground wire is broken off ? Or you forgot to intall the battery? Unplugged the tether connector? Or maybe just a beeper that won't work.
                You didn't bother to say if the motor cranks when you push the start button.
                Bill O'Neal <br>
                WCM

Comment

Bill, sorry for the lack of info. When we put the key on the post, there is no beep at all. The ski stars right up, runs good all day long. Just no beep. Come to think of it we never have gotten a beep since we bought it, about 6 mos. ago. We take it out at least 2-3 time a week.

Comment

No beeps?? How about a bad beeper?
                    John Kubiak
                    Powersports Technical Training Professional
                    Las Vegas, Nevada
                    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
                    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
                    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
                    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
                    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X