GTX 4-Tec SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 4-Tec SC

Alright, I'm not sure if this question(s) has been answered but I, unfortunately, don't have time to search the boards because I'm at work.

So, I had my Sea-Doo dewinterized by the place where I stored it over the winter. As soon as I got on the lake, I noticed right away that when I go full throttal, the first second or two the seadoo stutters, not allowing me to go as fast as quickly. I've been putting 89 octane in the gas, and haven't tried 93 yet because it isn't provided on my lake, plus I don't even know if that is the problem. Does anyone know what the cause of this could be?

I'm also having the problem (which if I remember correctly was an issue with this model) where as the oil warning comes on quite frequently, yet when I check the oil it is fine. Is there any way to fix that? This same thing happens with the heat warning, but less frequently and more easily fixed (turn it off, wait a few seconds, turn it on) it's just an annoyance.

Can anybody help me with these problems?
    -Andrew

Re: GTX 4-Tec SC

Your ski REQUIRES 91+ octane. By not following your manual and putting less octane in that the engine requires, it will not run correctly, PERIOD. No premium on your lake? Then fill it elsewhere or get a ski that doesnt require premium.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok well that solves one problem, what about the oil warnings
      -Andrew

Comment

Sea Doo has been replacing alot of oil sensors. Seems as though, some are not working properly. I think they have an upgraded version now.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Sorry to bother you again but do you think that the octane was the problem for the stuttering start?
          -Andrew

Comment

How about, maybe? Try it with the recommended fuel.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
            X