Oil Injection hoses - 657x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Injection hoses - 657x

Boy was this poor 94 XP in need of some TLC. As I get further I have noticed that the 2 small oil injection hoses that go to the intake manifold are both badly cracked. I hope it has not damaged the engine yet. Are these hoses a dealer item or will napa carry that small of a size?

Bill mentioned in my previous post to get some new water hose (6mm) on the exhaust pipe from NAPA, do they carry clear or will they just have black.

Thanks.

Re: Oil Injection hoses - 657x

They will carry both and the sizes you need

Comment

What do most people use to clamp those little hoses back on?

Comment

Small zip ties work fine.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Well, I found the 1/4" hose but the smallest clear hose I could find was 3/32 id which is the size most 2 cycle weed eaters use. It is a tad larger that the oil hoses I took off so they do not quite grab the barbs on the fittings. I think it would fit snug with the zip ties but I would feel a lot safer if the hose fit snug without the zip ties. I may have to check a local hose supplier when they are open on Monday, or order them from the dealer. I am also having a hard time finding the Locktite 515 (or the permatex equivalent - anaerobic flange sealer) for the flame arestor. I can only find the 518 (or the permatex equivalent - anaerobic gasket maker).

Comment

Check out this thread..... http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ad.php?t=18267

Get the right size oil lines, it may save you from replacing your engine.

Comment

Working...
            X