X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spark Please Help!

Its a 96 GSX
    Its a Silver motor.
    The ski was working fine until it just quit on me and the problem was the 15 amp fuse blew after doing some medling on the black box and the VTS I now have zero spark. It cranks fine, New Battery, The 3 amp fuse in the gray box did blow once, I checked and cleaned all connection in the black box, wire going to battery is fine, power tester shows good ground in the box, VTS unit is disconnected(the red wire and the black wire going from the vts to the black box, the black wire for some reason now shows power so it was blowing my fuses), I trimmed the spark plug wires.
    I started to remove the front panel of the motor to check the common clip problem and got stuck(what a P.I.T.A)I removed 7 or 8 bolts and the motor mount bolt and it would not come off am I missing something could it be really stuck on? I really did not want to try and pry it off until I checked to see if I missed anything. Is there something in the middle where the cables go?

Thanks for any info I really want to go riding this weekend.

Re: No Spark Please Help!

The magneto housing cover is what I presume you are trying to remove? If so, remove all nine ( not eight) perameter bolts.
    The cover fits on tight over two locating pins and has magnetic pull from the flywheel magnets holding it on. You do not need to remove the oil pump nor the cables. You may need to do a little prying to get it off.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: No Spark Please Help!

I will check for the 9th Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X