Newb needs help with 98 Speedster carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb needs help with 98 Speedster carbs

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I've got a 98 Speedster that wasn't winterized correctly or very well cared for. All of the carbs probably need to be rebuilt, but the butterfly on one carb is stuck wide open. (the post the butterfly is mounted on is frozen?) Is there any way to fix this or do I just need to replace the carb? Also what size carbs does this year speedster have? 38 mm ? I've read several different things in different places, what size engines are on this boat? 782? 787? 800? Any ideas where to buy a decently priced carb for this boat? Thanks for any and all help and responses.

Chris

Re: Newb needs help with 98 Speedster carbs

I can usually fix those carbs, or replace the carb body if necessary. You have SBN 40-42 I series carbs on your 782cc engines.

626 914 9509 ask for bill.
    Last edited by Bill O'Neal2; 07-18-2005, 01:00 PM.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, Do you know if the carbs off a 96 XP will fit my boat?
      The listing says they will fit all 781/787cc 110 hp motors.

Comment

yes they will fit with slight adjsutments to the screws but you can probably repair for much less than you will buy them for.

Comment

Thanks again for the quick response, the carbs are gonna end up being pretty cheap I think, 200-250 for the set (PTO and MAG) IF they run anymore than that I'll just call Bill up and see what he can do for me. How often do the carbs require rebuilds? The guy I bought the boat from had just paid to have the carbs cleaned and rebuilt but then the boat sat awhile (1-2 years) and it's only had maybe 5 hours on it since the rebuilds.

Comment

Never know for sure without testing them. 5 minutes or 5 years, if they leak, they leak.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

and they need rebuilding every few years for maint. purposes anyway. once they sit they gum up if they were not fogged before hand. as far as the carbs any more than 200 and it would be cheaper sending them off. becasue you send them off and pay 205.70 (or close to that). now you buy for 200 hundred and still need to rebuild because I wouldnt trust an ebay sell like that with my ski. which is another 200 or so so now you are into them 400.

Comment

Working...
              X