At a loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a loss

Have a '96 SeaDoo SPX 720 - Have just replaced the MPEM and when I push the start button I get one beep and it goes dead. Have checked to make sure wires are same as old MPEM, also this does not have an encoded lanyard, it is still the old push button type. Have tested the switch and is good. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: At a loss

dead battery?

Comment

Are you sure it is the correct MPEM ? And not a 1997 MPEM that does have DESS?
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Battery is fully charged. Model # of MPEM matches number of old one removed and the dates are similar.

Comment

Then it is a used MPEM that you installed. Did you see it run in another boat?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM

Comment

Rectifier??

Comment

Was a used one from JetKing.com. I didn't ring it out, but was told it was tested before they sent it out. This is what I will test out next. If it is bad, would it still give me a beep?? That is what has me baffled otherwise. Thank you for your replies so far.

How would I check the rectifier? Would it make just a single beep?

Comment

Start your ski run it to 5000 rpm check voltage on the battery it should be between 13.1 and 15 any lower or any higher and you need to replace it.

Comment

I know at least on mine, there were problems with the rectifier. If it's not doing what it's suppose to do, that will give you battery headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmoe
                    I know at least on mine, there were problems with the rectifier. If it's not doing what it's suppose to do, that will give you battery headaches.

I dont think I have a battery problem. I can jump the solenoid and turn the starter. I put the mpem in and all I get is a single beep. And this model does'nt come with the tones.

Comment

Originally posted by frankey01
                      Start your ski run it to 5000 rpm check voltage on the battery it should be between 13.1 and 15 any lower or any higher and you need to replace it.

I can't get it to start without the mpem not operating correctly unless you know how to bypass it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
                        Then it is a used MPEM that you installed. Did you see it run in another boat?
                        No, I purchased it used being told it was good. I checked it with an Ohm meter and the results seem to be in tolerence with the numbers I got from www.seadoo.source.com/mpemtest.

Comment

wannabe I know that but you asked how to test the rectifier and that is how you do it. sorry

Comment

Have you replaced the starter relay ? So you can start the motor?
                            Bill O'Neal <br>
                            WCM

Comment

I have'nt replaced the starter relay, but I can turn the starter by jumping across it, but it won't fire.

Comment

Working...
                              X