35mph max on rx-di

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35mph max on rx-di

I've read everything i can about this and i can't seem to find anybody that has the same two things coming up at once....the 2001 rx di has 86 hours on it and had a new top end installed at 56...it's been running great all summer. I went out of town for a week and i go to put it in the water and it cranks up first try ... perfect... runs good and everything ... well about 10 yards from the dock the maint light starts blinking and then the 12v low sign comes up ... it won't go past about 35mph ... any ideas anybody .. i'm going to get a new battery tom. but i just wanted some heads up on other possibilities...by the way the batter is only a couple of months old. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've read about the rectifier going bad on a lot of them. Also is the maint light and the 12volt causing the low power or is it two separate problems.... thanks you guys are great

Justin

Re: 35mph max on rx-di

nobody knows?

Comment

Take it to a dealer where they can hook it up to BUDS.

If you knew,then you'd know!

Comment

did you suck up any weeds or are you using the learning key?

Comment

Hook a voltmeter to the battery. A fully charged battery should read 12.7-12.8 vdc. Then start it and rev it slightly and the voltage should read above what you had with it off, if the voltage regulator is working. BUDS will give you more history.
          Dick Bell
          http://www.hansenskidoo.com

Comment

Working...
          X