questions about rebuilding carbs on 657x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about rebuilding carbs on 657x

Reading about the pop off guage?? Where can I get one of these, and how important is it?? Could I just use the stock springs, or is it a necesity to replace them???

Re: questions about rebuilding carbs on 657x

pm me for pricing on them

Comment

just send me a pm, with a price. Is it nessicarry?? or can I just reuse the stock springs that are in them?

Comment

It is necessary if you want to see if they leak, or you want to test the pump cone sels or a check valve.
        List price is $57.95 for a genuine Mikuni PO tester. I sell them for $54.95
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

well, I have the kit, from sbt to do the rebuild, but maybe it just be better to let a dealer rebuild them, I dunno. hate to spend 60 bucks on a tool I'm only going to use once.

What might be the consiquences if I use the springs that are in it now, and just take it apart to inspect, clean and change gaskits?

Comment

if you do not test the needle and seats then you will have a hard start problem and you will be back asking why wont my ski start when I fall off i just rebuilt carbs what could it be and then I guarantee that me Bill and just about anyone else is going to ask you this question Did you test the needle and seats for leaks? Besides that read my PM about all the other tests that you use it for. Or i tell you what how about you ship the carbs to me I have the tool already. I will charge you 205.70 to rebuild and replace the NS and then you can install them or you can buy the kits buy the tool be 100 dollars into it and know that you have the right tool down the road for the pump oil change and the leak down test on your motor and the check valve test and the pop off test the tool is used for more than just this.
            Last edited by frankey01; 07-21-2005, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Oh BTW Bill is going to answer and say why cant people just realize that you have to have the proper tools to do the job right.LOL watch and see if it is not some variation of what i just said.
              Last edited by frankey01; 07-21-2005, 04:45 PM.

Comment

well, I apreciate your response, but you must have some pent up anger. I've never rebuilt carbs before, therefore that is why I asked. I"m guessing when I test the needle and seat, there supposed to leak at 50 psi? or hold at 50 psi?? I'm not real clear on how to do it.

Comment

Tech articles, pop-off presure. Videos, rebuilding carbs.
                  SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                  We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                  Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If you do net feel comforatble rebuilding carbs after viewing the how to video here at the SBT site, send them to me and I will do it for you.
                    Frankey was only trying to tell you that there are many practical uses for a pop off tester other than just testing carbs. You can use it each time you change your pump oil, which should be done once a year or at 50 hour intervals.
                    Bill O'Neal <br>
                    WCM

Comment

ya, I change the pump oil, thats easy. Bill how much do you charge for a rebuild? I already have the gaskit kits for them from sbt. Once I get them back from you, are they ready to run just bolt on? YOu can pm me with a price if you prefer.

Comment

Labor for two is $100.00
                        Bill O'Neal <br>
                        WCM

Comment

It is exactly as Bill stated you asked a question about the pop off and I PM ed concerning the gauge you then stated you didnt want to buy it for one purpose I just wanted you toknow there are many uses. You say you do the pump oil you havent done it right if you havent checked it with the gauge. Read the tech article about the proper way. If you took it as anger or anything like that I apologize. I thought I was helping explain the procedures it is used. My price on rebuilding carbs was for everything.

Comment

i am new at this site ?1 how do i place a add on this site >?2 i have a 1997 seado xp 787/800 i just rebuilt well a seadoo machanic did but i brought it back home and put it back in and it will not start can you give me some pointers on it ?

Comment

go down to the for sale topic forum then click on new topic and type your ad.

Comment

Working...
                              X