Low RPM's and Low Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low RPM's and Low Speed

I just purchased a 97 Seadoo GSX with 72 hours on it. It was last put up with Stabil in fuel and fogged. I topped off tank with 93 oct and headed to the water. It seemed to start alright after chocking and ran a little rough but idled. When I gave it the thottle it didnt have any power and got out of no wake area it would only get up to 31 mph. forgot exact RPM's but I think 4500. Pulled the plugs and they both look in need of replacement.

Re: Low RPM's and Low Speed

rebuild the carbs if you havent yet......and replace the plugs..probably a good idea to check the compression while the plugs are out....:D
    Last edited by snapon76s; 07-24-2005, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Re: Low RPM's and Low Speed

Well I bought 2 plugs and did a quick dry start. Started immediately and sounded smoother. Put it back in the water man did I have to hold on. The thing really screamed. Got 61 mph based on onboard display. That was the best $3.55 I ever spent.

Ran that tank down and when the Low Fuel indicator came on, shortly there after the Maint light came on too. I filled it up and went back out and the Maint reading eventually went off. Ended up with 76 hours on it. I dont have a book on it so I dont know what to check other than gas, oil, and plugs. Put a fresh battery in it.

Is this just a reminder that comes on around 75 hours and if so, what should I check or do to maintinence it.

Thx Joe

Comment

Working...
      X