95 xp with very high rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 xp with very high rpms

my 95 xp seems to be reving very high. rpm gauge doesnt work so i dont know for sure. how would i lower the rpms just a little. i dont wanna play with the wrong screw. also does it make a difference that it is out of the water? i would put it in the water but i dont want to get left in the middle of a lake again

Re: 95 xp with very high rpms

Turn the idle adjuster screw counterclockwise to lower the rpm until you reach the proper rpm. 3000 rpm out of the water, is around 1500 in the water, which is where it should be.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

yeah, don't worry if you think it's high out of the water. Wait 'til you get it in the water to judge, especially w/o a tach.

Comment

i took it in the water, it ran good but i still think its a little high. when at idle the ski will move foward like it has cruise control. bill could you tell me the screw is on the carb, is it the bigger screw? thanks

Comment

There is only one idle screw with a tee handle or screw pointing up on a 45 degree angle towards the front of the ski next to where the throttle cable attaches to the carbureators.

Maybe you need to adjust some slack into the throttle cable?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

thats the screw i thought it was but i wated to be sure. i'll play around with both of them and see what happens

Comment

PWC's move when running, there's no "neutral". I do have my idle set a little lower than spec., but it will move.

Comment

Working...
              X