98 GSX limited Help Bypass/replace D-sea-bel/resonator system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 GSX limited Help Bypass/replace D-sea-bel/resonator system

I ordred a new Dec-Sea-Bel resonator because the original is melted and I can not for the LIFE of me get the Original out. I removed 4 deeply hidden nuts then took a put knife and went all around the resonator so that any parts the the resonator melted to the foam was loos and it still wont BUDGE.

I want to just bypass the **** thing now. Has anyone used 2" PVC piping to bypass this thing??? B O'niel said its ok to replace it but no one has said what they have used. I bought a 2" U pipe and a 2" piping to make a bypass what have other people used.

Thanks
    William Murphy
    First runner SD SP 2 1997-1998 (parents) Second runner Purchased July-23-2005 1998 GSX Limited needs work. Joined here for help getting back in the water.

Re: 98 GSX limited Help Bypass/replace D-sea-bel/resonator system

It is really pretty simple with the right parts. PVC is not used.

I buy the exhaust thru hull fitting that points the hose in a direction to attach a regular hose onto, from another model that doesn't have DeBel, like a 1998 XPL. Then using two exhaust hoses and an aluminum sleeve for a splicer, cut the hoses and use the bends so that you can go from the muffler to the thru hull fitting.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks alot that helps point me in the correct direction. I get the idea but if you have a picture of that please post or email it to me. Thanks very much. You are one of the most helpfull people on this forum.
      First runner SD SP 2 1997-1998 (parents) Second runner Purchased July-23-2005 1998 GSX Limited needs work. Joined here for help getting back in the water.

Comment

No I do not have a picture of a ski I built several years ago.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X