96 sea doo xp VTS problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 sea doo xp VTS problems

Hey I was just wondering if anyone know the what I need to do about my vts. The vts gauge is stuck in the full up position and the 7.5 fuse keeps blowing. Do I need a new vts box or is there a way of fixing this?

Re: 96 sea doo xp VTS problems

same thing happened to me, check you're vts module, water probably entered in it. it ran me around 200 dollars for the box. u might need a new one.

Comment

Try tapping on the back of the unit(where the wires enter) with a screw driver. Also read this.

http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/vts/index.html

Comment

Sounds like you have an overtravel condition. Visit the link that fluid posted, I know that page addresses this issue.
        Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Comment

Well i replaced the fuse and tapped on the box and it work for a minute. Then i saw a little smoke and now it wont work at all. Does anyone know if there is a manually adjusting it for the time being?

Comment

Yeah, if you completely disassemble it, you could adjust the worm gear on the trimming rod. But if you did all that work, why not just replace the VTS module and be done with it.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

i'm sure its' the module. you probably have water in the module. that silicone wears out after a while. jsut liek mine did.

Comment

Like Bill wrote, you can manually adjust it by taking it apart. I had to do this one weekend so I could make it through the weekend without having the trim in the full up position. I think I left it that way for a few weeks until I bought another one and had time to install it.
                -Scope

Comment

Working...
                X